Friday, January 05, 2007

Firefly

I finally bought Firefly, Joss Whedon's series that was ended prematurely because of financial reasons. It looks like the story is basically the same as in Serenity, although I've only seen two episodes so far. It rocks. A bit hard to understand some of the dialogues because of the accents, but for Whedon's typical humour I definitely don't regret buying it.
I watched the pilot film twice to understand some of the things that were said (that I absolutely couldn't understand in English) and again realized how much some of the translation sucks. I realize it's hard to translate humour well, but some of it just seems as if the translator was afraid to translate it correctly. Or how else do you explain that "I need this man to tear all my clothes off" turns into "I'm kidnapping this man" in German?

But the personality of Kaylee, Inara's clothes design (wow, wonderful style) and the humour are top-notch. Very, very great.

No comments: