Thursday, April 03, 2008

Impressions

I love how life repeatedly shows me that it is to a great degree fate-based. Things you do show their after-effects almost a decade later (e.g. if I hadn't played a certain MMORPG in 2001, I wouldn't be doing Kendo now). Sometimes it seems that most of the good stuff in life is based on coincidences. Maybe karma has its part, too. Whatever it is, I like it.

***

Small stuff that found its basis in the Kendo training of the last few days.

From the weekend:



And from Monday's training:



(Uh, I should stop mixing languages in pictures...)

3 comments:

Magpie said...

Yeah, it's interesting how some apparently insignificant things influence our lives... My latest discovery was that I owe a great lot to a neighbour family from my primary school time - the mother (who was from the US) used to give me English picture books, which led to reading Harry Potter in English, which led to reading Tad's books, which led to Shadowmarch, and ultimately to meeting you. So I sort of owe last night to a woman I've met only one single time in more than 10 years!

Manuela said...

Yes, that's exactly it! It seems so many of our interests and maybe also so much of our personality is influenced by small things or carelessly taken decisions (my life would probably be completely different if I had chosen to go to a different school). It's mind-boggling to think how many different possibilities and paths life offers us without us really being aware of them :)

Magpie said...

What's even more interesting, though, is that I can't think of any particular events that led to my taking my current job - it's just something that's always been there, for as long as I can remember.
(And now I just had a "it's still waht I always wanted to do! Even though the situation at work has gotten even worse yesterday, it's still my dream job!"-moment. I get those occasionally, and it's always such a great feeling.)